Grow or Die
From another perspective
"Quickly, get this message to our leader, Satan. Tell him another one of ours left our ranks and chose Jesus as his Savior. We lost another human to God's plan of redemption, but its not over".
"Here boss, here is the reply to your message to our leader Satan". "Read it fool, read it quick". "Ah sir, ah, its the same message that we get every time this happens". "I don't care you smelly rat, read it!". "Ah, Ok sir. It says:
To: My ugly little Captain Fly.
From: Your Leader, Beelzebub, Satan
Re: Your new lost convert: Mr. X
As usual, you have failed miserably! When will you ever amount to anything Fly? Anyway, enough condemnation for now.
Here is the plan for this new convert, we will call him Mr. X for now, for security reasons.
1. Never forget our ultimate vision for this Mr. X is to get him to deny Jesus and to worship Me! That is plan A.
2. However, if he happens to be one of those radical believers, I have a plan B. Plan B is to keep him as a "prisoner" to some secret sin, habit, pride or self love. This way we will make sure he does not Grow, but that he Dies.
3. Remember Fly, John 15:5-6 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. We need to make sure to follow our time tested success for keeping these believers as withered branches in God's Kingdom.
4. If we cannot get him back into our ranks, then we must make sure that he does not spread this horrible disease, that God calls "salvation, holiness, consecration, and dedication". We must make sure that Mr. X does not bear any more fruit! Here is what I want you to do:
5. I suggest that you, Captain Fly, apply the same tactic that you did to Gideon and his people. Are you smart enough to remember that, you fool? I know that Gideon got away and got free, but just think all of the millions who have not. Even though Gideon was in his so called Promise Land, we still had him as a prisoner! Ha!
6. Find out what his flesh longs for. What addictions can you keep going? Can you get him trapped into one of those liberal religious denominations? You know, keep him in the dark. Remember back in Gideon's day, we kept them from the Word of God. This is your big task.
7 Whatever you do, keep him from the Word! Make him so busy that he feels he does not have time. Do not let him know that he needs to live on the Word daily, that the Word is his very life and bread. Make him think that 5 minutes a week will please his God. Make him think that he needs to read his Bible as a way to please God and be religious. Don't allow him the knowledge of the real power in the Word, how it can truly make him grow and bear fruit.
8. Next, and of utmost importance, make sure you find a way to keep him dishonest in some way, because even if he gets the Word of God, his dishonesty will keep him from understanding it.
9. Also, Fly, make sure you keep his spirit of rebellion alive. I see here in his file that goes back, ahhh, lets see, it goes back 12 generations (at least), that he has a tendency to want to be independent. He does not like submitting to anyone's authority. This is a big one Fly, make sure he stays that way. But you must make sure to hide his rebellion from him; if he realizes this with his thinking, he will submit everything to Jesus, and we can't have that! Make him think that he has just enough "religion" to make it to Heaven; but don't let him know that he is a rebel, that would be dangerous.
10. Remember, Fly how Gideon started communicating with God personally? This was a disaster. Don't let Mr. X find out how to get into God's presence to fellowship with Him. When those believers learn to take up their cross, and get into His presence, you can be sure that the Rivers of Life will certainly flow into the Dead Sea of Humanity. Keep the River from Flowing! Remember Fly, Mr. X is now God's Temple, and if we don't stop him up, his River will flow!
11. Fly, the big thing with Gideon that got him free, is that God got the message to him. You know the message of who he has really become. Gideon did not really know who he was. But God let him know this first.
If he gets a hold of his SITTING position in Christ, we have had it! (Ephesians 2:4-6). But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us (even when we were dead in sins) has made us alive together with Christ (by grace you are saved), and has raised us up together and made us sit together in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus,
12. Make sure that Mr. X does not learn how to WALK in the Spirit. (Ephesians 4:1) I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the calling with which you are called. Make him think one of the following two ways:
a. That he can just live any old way, and God will understand.
b. That he needs to earn his salvation and thus he would become a 'legalist"
13. Last and most important, make sure he does not discover that we are really in a war with him and his Jesus. Do not let him get a hold of (Ephesians 6:14). Therefore STAND, having your loins girded about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness. We need to bombard his life with so many bad things that he will no longer believe what the Word says about who he really is in Christ.
If this guy ever finds out that all he has to do is to understand that God has made him a new species of being, over which we have no more dominion, if he ever finds out that he has a blood covenant (oh I hate that word!) with God Himself, he will never give up! Don't let him find out that he died with Christ, and that he has dominion over all of us. Keep him from the knowledge that he is a partaker of the Divine Nature of God. If he ever really gets a hold of this, he will STAND against us until we lose every battle against him. Now you know Fly, that will result in FRUIT for God's Kingdom. If that happens, Fly, you will feel the penalty!